The Benefits of CBD Oil
You have probably read or heard about CBD. Also known as cannabidiol, it is the latest wonder that is changing people’s lives all around the world, but what are the tangible benefits of CBD?
CBD is just one of the 104 chemical compounds known as cannabinoids found in the cannabis or marijuana plant, Cannabis sativa. But don’t think that CBD is going to be making you high. Tetrahydrocannabinol, otherwise known as THC, is the primary psychoactive element found in cannabis and it's THC that gets you high when you intake marijuana.
There is no THC found in CBD, so therefore you can take it for pain relief, anxiety, depression (and many other reasons) without worrying about getting high or massively altering your mental state. CBD is completely legal and safe!
The world of health and wellness is always expanding, and CBD right now is at the forefront and is really gaining some traction as more and more scientific studies are published confirming CBD may help with ailments such as anxiety, stress and various chronic pains. Below is a list of the benefits that have been backed by scientific evidence.
CBD Oil For Anxiety
Those who have suffered with anxiety know how crippling the condition can be. In 2013, there were over 8 million people suffering with anxiety, and that doesn’t count the people who suffer in silence or don’t seek medical help. With cases of anxiety projected to rise, it’s clear that new ways of treating the illness must be considered.
Research suggests that CBD Oil can be a beneficial way of treating the symptoms of general anxiety disorder (GAD). While not yet fully understood, it is believed that CBD oil may interact with the receptors in your brain that signal serotonin levels. An imbalance of serotonin can lead to anxiety and low mood, and CBD Oil has the potential of manipulating those imbalances.
Studies have shown that CBD Oil has the potential to benefit those living with anxiety by:
- Reducing feelings of stress
- Aiding sleep
- Reduce the physical symptoms of anxiety such as a racing heart
A study published by PMC suggests that CBD oil can benefit people who suffer with social anxiety. Researchers found that people with social anxiety felt more comfortable giving a speech after using CBD.
We understand how destructive anxiety can be in our lives, but CBD Oil could be the secret to managing this condition forever.
CBD Oil For Pain Relief
Aches and pains affect us all at some point, especially as we get older. We experience pain through receptors in our brain which interpret signals from our nervous system. Studies show that CBD Oil may interfere with the way our brains process these signals, reducing the discomforting sensations that pain causes.
There have been some studies that suggest CBD Oil could benefit patients struggling with pain following chemotherapy treatments. Ongoing studies are also investigating how we can use CBD Oil to treat the symptoms of:
- MS pain - side effects of MS can include several types of muscular and skeletal pain. Those suffering with MS are also susceptible to severe headaches.
- Arthritis - we associate arthritis with pain and inflammation of the joints. CBD Oil could benefit the 10million people in the UK that suffer with arthritis or other conditions that impact the joints.
- Chronic pain - defined as any pain that lasts for longer than three months. The causes of chronic pain are not always clear, and it can often lead to other issues, such as depression. CBD Oil can benefit those living with chronic pain by helping them to manage their symptoms.
- Muscle pain - muscular pain can be caused by anything from accidents at work to injuries in sport. CBD Oil can be used to help during the road to recovery!
While CBD Oil won’t cure your pain directly, it can help you manage the symptoms.
CBD Oil For Cancer
We know first hand the devastating effect cancer can have on people’s lives. It’s one of the reasons we are so passionate about creating the best CBD Oil product on the market. We’ve come along way over the years, both in treating cancer as well as managing the symptoms.
Recent studies show promising results for the ways in which CBD Oil can benefit people living with cancer. It has, for example, been proven that using cannabinoids has the potential to reduce the growth of tumors and even result in tumour cell death. There’s still a long way to go, but the value that cannabinoids bring to the table in our fight against cancer cannot be understated.
As we mentioned in the previous section, CBD Oil can benefit existing cancer patients by helping them manage the side-effects of chemotherapy. CBD Oil can supplement cancer treatment by stimulating appetite, helping combat nausea and managing pain.
CBD Oil For Acne
Acne is a very common condition that affects more than 10% of the population of the UK! When you break down the factors that cause acne, we find it could be due to a number of reasons such as bacteria, genetics, underlying inflammation and the overproduction of sebum (oil secreted from the skin).
A number of our clients suffering from acne completely clear up through use of CBD Oil on a daily basis. Toby Cavill, a co-founder of PROLIFE, has seen huge personal results using CBD after suffering from ACNE for 15+ years.
Based on some scientific studies, CBD Oil helps treat acne because of its ability to reduce sebum production and also its anti-inflammatory effects.
CBD Oil For Epilepsy
From our own experience, we’re fully aware of how difficult epilepsy can be to treat. With the threats associated with epilepsy, we’re in need of an urgent method to handle the condition.
Cannabinoids are often in the news for their remarkable effects on seizures. Research into the specifics is still ongoing, but there’s been many studies, particularly on children with rare epileptic conditions such as Dravet syndrome and Lennox-Gastaut syndrome.
In several cases where cannabinoids have been used (either alone or alongside a placebo), researchers found the CBD has the power to lower both the frequency and severity of seizures.
CBD Oil For A General Sense of Well-Being
More and more people are feeling the benefits of CBD Oil even if they don’t use it for a particular condition. Even if you’re not suffering with something specific, there are a multitude of ways that CBD oil could benefit your everyday life.
CBD Oil can:
- Alleviate the feelings of stress. If you lead a stressful job, or you’re going through a particularly stressful time for personal reasons, CBD Oil could help you wind down or deal with day-to-day life.
- Help you sleep. If you struggle to drift off at night, the relaxing effects of CBD Oil can lull you into a peaceful sleep with more ease. Furthermore, CBD Oil can also increase the quality of your sleep, resulting in you feeling more energised each morning and ready to take on the day.
- Ease everyday pain. As we get a bit older, we might suffer with those everyday aches and pains that are just one of the side-effects of an older, wiser body! CBD Oil can benefit those people suffering with these minor annoyances and increase your general sense of wellbeing.
- Work wonders on your skin. CBD products (such as our balm) contain Omega 6 and Omega 3, fatty acids that can help with irritation or even just be used during your moisturising routine. While it can be used to ensure your skin stays soft, smooth and supple, CBD Oil can also help treat dry skin, eczema and acne. Furthermore, locking in the moisture can slow the effects of aging on your skin.
Use PROLIFE CBD and Start Reaping the Benefits Of CBD Today
Based in Birmingham and serving the whole world, PROLIFE are dedicated to providing as many customers as possible with the highest quality CBD.
As more research emerges, so does the reassurance that CBD Oil can have a positive impact on our lives. If you’re ready to feel the benefits of PROLIFE CBD, head over to our store. Alternatively, if you would like some more information first, why not check out our Education Centre? We update it regularly with the latest news and commentary on CBD.